Why? When? How? Significance of Handwashing
Location: Regalla tribal hamlet, Kothagudem, Telangana.
Date of visit: 15 November, 2020
Number of families: 25
Awareness program on significance of handwashing
Demonstration of 8 step handwashing techniques
Community interview on WASH practices
- Food distribution and Handwashing techniques poster distribution
Demonstration and Awareness Sessions
- Unavailability of power supply and toilets
- 24 hour water supply available through handpumps at each house
- Handpump as the only source of water for cooking and cleaning
- Concern on leakage of water supply pipelines
- Snake bits as a major issue of concern
- Nearest PHC is at 3kms and good road infrastructure enhancing connectivity to 108 services in case of emergencies
- Prevalence of malaria and dengue due to rise in mosquitoes in the surroundings
- No fogging or mosquito nets distribution done in the area
- Request letter to tribal welfare department to provide electricity as per ST special development fund under 3 phase electricity to ST habitation scheme.
- Retrofitting of damaged handpumps or water pipe leakage
- Awareness sessions on snake bites prevention and first aid steps in collaboration with health and animal welfare NGOs
- Organizing dry days to clean water lodging in the vicinities to prevent mosquito larvae production and assist in adoption of vector control methods.
- Distribution of Insecticide Treated Nets or Long Lasting Insecticide Treated Nets to prevent from mosquito bites under Malaria Eradication Program
Duration of implementing intervention : 1 month
Funds estimation: ₹10,000